~2.5 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
~1/2c chicken stock
1. Heat butter and olive oil in large saute pan
2. Put in tomatoes, salt, pepper, and sugar
3. Cook until softened
4. Add chicken stock
5. Cook until soft, mash
6. Add worchestershire
1/4 t celery seed
1/2 t cumin seed
1. Put lentils in pot with 4c salted water
2. Bring to a boil
3. Cover, lower heat, simmer until al dente
5. Put olive oil in saute pan, heat
6. Add celery seed, cumin seed, cook for a moment
7. Add onion, saute
8. Add lentils, cook until cooked through
9. Put lentils and onions in a bowl
10. Add olive oil, vinegar, feta, parsley
Cook refrigerator pie per recipe. Cool completely. Wrap pie in foil, place in 1G freezer bag. Freeze.
When ready to reaheat, place frozen pie in 350F oven for 30-35 min. Do not thaw.
2c bread cut into 1″ cubes
1-1/2T olive oil
1-1/2T chopped fresh herbs
1/4t kosher salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. Toss bread with olive oil.
3. Toss bread with herbs, salt, pepper, and garlic.
4. Spread bread in single layer on half-sheet pan. Cook for 5-8 minutes until done.
Can cook on stovetop – nonstick pan, medium-high heat, 5-8 minutes.
Can substitute other seasonings/blends for herbs.
1/4c toasted nuts
2-4 cloves garlic
1T lemon juice
2T olive oil
Place all ingredients except cheese in food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Stir in cheese.
1c heavy cream
1t vanilla extract
Thanks to Alton Brown.
1.5c fresh squeezed lemon juice
~1.5c rich (2:1) simple syrup (to taste)
Zest of 2 lemons
1 Put lemon zest and juice in pitcher. Muddle zest to release oils.
2. Pour syrup into pitcher. Stir.
3. Add water to pitcher. Stir. Taste. Add more syrup if neccessary.
Thanks to Chuck Taggart (www.gumbopages.com) for the recipe.
1. Slice squash & zucchini about 1/4″ thick.
2. Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, dried mint, and sesame seeds.
3. Spread on a foil-lined half-sheet pan.
4. Roast in a 425 degree oven until done.
1. Cut stems off broccoli. Rinse crowns and remove all small leaves and loose florets. Reserve stems for another use.
2. Toss crowns with olive oil, salt, and whatever other spices you like.
3. Grill over high heat for a few minutes per side to get some color on the crowns.
4. Grill over low heat, turning occasionally, until done.
5. Toss with vinegar, citrus juice, cheese, herbs, etc., or just serve plain.